Privacy & Security
We understand and respect your choice to keep your personal information private. We make it a priority to protect your privacy in all of your interactions with us, including when you use the beFITTER - Web3 FitnessFi and SocialFi app ("App"), the beFITTER official website ("Web"), or our social media channels.
- information that you give us through your dealings with us;
- information that we may collect from you;
- and information that we may receive from you from other third party sources.
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that some of our services require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate a particular service or feature of that service, you may not be able to use that service or feature.
We may collect your personal information directly from our contact with you. This may include by you:
- completing forms or parts of our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications;
- contacting us via email, telephone, through Social Media and other similar functions either directly through our website or the App or through third party host websites;
- contacting us via various marketing channels or competitions either directly through our website or the App or through third party host websites, and surveys.
Any personal information that you provide to us must be accurate and up to date. We will assume this to be the case.
Our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications may automatically collect the following information about you each time you visit or otherwise use our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications:
- Technical information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your device to the internet, the internet browser and version that you are using when accessing our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile applications, any additional plug-ins that you are using, and your device's operating system and platform.
- Information about the time and date you accessed our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile applications, and what you accessed on our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile applications. This includes links that you clicked on, what content you accessed, how long you accessed that content for, whether you downloaded any content, whether supplied by us or downloaded from a third party host, and how you navigated to and from our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile applications to other sites, apps or other pages hosted by us.
Throughout the course of collecting your personal information, we may collect sensitive information about you. Sensitive information includes: health information about an individual; or genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information; or biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; or biometric template.
We will only collect this information with your consent and for reasons that are reasonably necessary or otherwise related to the provision of our services. When you consent to our collection of your sensitive information, you also consent to us using that sensitive information for the purpose/s for which it was collected.
This may include:
- Providing our services;
- Verifying your physical movement and location and issuing HEE tokens on the basis of this verified data;
- Investigating and/or preventing suspected fraud or other criminal activities or misuse of our services, including the collection and disclosure of user location and movement data for purposes in connection with our Machine Learning Anti-Cheating System, including detailed user behavioral analysis for these purposes
- We collect or disclose information that is or relates to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your device to the internet, for the purpose of fraud detection and management of the integrity of the beFITTER game system and other services. This may include detecting when users are cheating the beFITTER game system, and for handling accounts we suspect are stolen or have otherwise been compromised. This information helps us verify whether the account or associated assets belong to a particular user;
- We collect information is or relates to system version information of your device, or the make and model of your device, for the purpose of our compatibility assessments with our software versions and other aspects of our services;
- Creating Marathon Leader boards of players, comprising all players or players meeting particular criteria;
- Creating Clubs of players;
- Operating the beFITTER Marketplace;
- Investigating disputes between players;
- Authenticating your financial account information or processing the transfer of digital assets;
- Notifying you about any changes to our products, website, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications, brand or services offered; and
- Seeking your opinion and feedback on any of our services, including for the purposes of product improvement and customization, website/software improvement and personalization and other general services;
- Analyzing the usage of, and improve our services;
- For other general services such as website/software security, maintenance, identification of fraud or errors, internal accounting and administration, and for any other purpose that we are required or permitted to do by law.
We may be required to disclose your personal information as a result of the purpose for which it was collected, as well as to comply with our legal obligations:
- as required by law;
- and on a confidential basis to our external service providers and advisors.
The disclosure of your personal information is for the purpose or ancillary to the services that we or the third parties including but not limited to our business partners, suppliers, subcontractors, advertisers and other advertising networks, analytics and search engine providers, and is only for the purposes the information was originally collected.
You agree to our company disclosing all information necessary to comply with any applicable reporting responsibilities (if any) under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. (Cth).
You fully understand that we have the authority to disclose your personal information to third parties if we purchase any business or assets, if we are required to disclose your information by law, or if we need to start an investigation into any illegal behavior that we reasonably believe has or may be involved in.
We are committed to keeping your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which your personal information was originally collected, at the same time, we also maintain technical security measures to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Once we receive your information, we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including storing your personal information in a physical form. If necessary, we may delete your information after a reasonable time and you will be asked to re-enter it. We will take all reasonable steps and precautions to ensure that any transmission of your personal information over the internet is secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website and you agree and acknowledge that any such transmission is at your own risk.
When your financial account information or digital wallet is being transmitted to our services or through our services, that information is protected by cryptographic protocols. Except where liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we are not responsible or liable for the disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access of third parties or other causes beyond our control.
You are fully aware that our website, App, and other apps utilize "cookies" which are small text files that our websites and applications save on your computer, mobile device, or wearable device when you visit the site. These cookies let us remember who you are and gather information about you so that we can provide you with a better and more personalized experience.
All complaints are taken extremely seriously by us. It is our policy to respond to complaints promptly, efficiently, fairly, and consistently. You have the right to take your complaint to the appropriate state authority if you are not satisfied with our response.